I remember when I first started blogging in 2009 I’d get tagged in a series of posts and there would be buttons we’d embed and the posts would circulate around the blogosphere. That’s when the number of home bloggers were fewer and we were all growing, getting to know each other, and forming a community. A few weeks ago I was tagged in Cristin’s post and asked some questions, and it reminded me of the good ol’ days, so today I’m playing along with the answers to her 10 Questions.
1. Winter or Summer?
Summer. Always and forever. Winter makes me gloomy. I admit I do enjoy the occasional rainy day under a cozy blanket drinking something hot but other than that I tolerate the cold months until spring shows up and everything starts blooming again. Summer is all about a slower pace, carefree days, and trips to the beach!
2. What’s your favorite wallpaper pattern?
There are so many but at this moment, Twig in Navy by Stroheim. I’d love to use this in a bathroom above a wainscot wall treatment paired with a statement mirror and brass sconces.
3. What’s the best vacation you’ve taken?
4. If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?
If it was a famous person it would be Tina Fey for laughs, but in real life it would be a group of sisters (my sister and sisters-in-law) all together at a table with no kids and no time limit. We’re scattered across the country and I don’t get to see them as often as I want to. I’d love to sit and chat and visit and laugh with them for hours.
5. Name one thing on your bucket list.
To ride on the back of a motorcycle out to the Bodega coast and back.
6. What’s your favorite room in your house?
My living room. It’s the first room you see when you come downstairs in the morning or enter our home, it’s where both meaningful and pretty things are on display, I find it the most relaxing. Our cat agrees.
7. If you could pick any designer, living or dead, to decorate your house, who would it be?
Katie Rosenfeld, for her design aesthetic and use of bold color in unique ways.
8. What’s on your nightstand?
A stack of books, a bowl from Anthro where I keep my rings, my gratitude journal, and a new lamp from Target.
9. Backyard BBQ or formal dinner?
No question, a backyard barbeque with friends where we would end the night in the courtyard under the globe lights drinking a lot of red wine.
10. If you could rewind twenty years and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t pass up any opportunity to travel, even when you’re working or when kids come along. Remember it’s travel that feeds your soul and opens your eyes to new ideas, inspiration, and people.
I’m passing on the following questions to the bloggers named below:
1. Share something you’ve pinned (or bookmarked) and why you love it.
2. What’s your favorite color and where have you used it or seen it used in a beautiful way?
3. If money was no object, what’s something you’d buy right now.
4. Share something that scares you, something that comforts you, or both.
5. The perfect meal? Name it.
6. What’s one decorating piece of advice you swear by.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure?
8. Tell a joke, the cornier the better, or share a meme or show that makes you laugh.
9. Congratulations, you just won an all expenses paid trip to ! Fill in the blank.
10. What advice would you give your twenty something self?
Melissa from The Inspired Room / Maria from Colour Me Happy / Jen from Rambling Renovators / Layla from The Lettered Cottage / Julie from Julie Blanner / Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick / Megan of Honey We’re Home / Stefanie from Brooklyn Limestone / Dusty from All Things G&D / Amy from Mom’s Notebook
Soooooo… what about you dear readers? Got a burning answer to any of these questions? Is there a designer you wish would come decorate your home? Are you crushing on a particular wallpaper? What’s your best advice for your younger self?