Hello hello, how are you? I thought I’d continue the
1. Curtains with Style. Add a happy shower curtain in a bold floral or a mod geometric and suddenly the space has more color and personality.
2. Hide the floor. A stylish floor mat helps to disguise flooring and also brings comfort underfoot. There are plenty of retail options or you can get creative with a DIY project. As an alternative, ask if the landlord will allow you to adhere peel and stick linoleum tiles.
3. Skirt the Sink. Fabric softens a space and also hides toiletries, think about stitching up your own version to disguise the cabinet or pedestal below the sink.
4. Add Extra Storage. Look for extra space wherever you can find it, from the inside the vanity cabinet to freestanding containers or storage units.
5. Accessorize with Your Personality. Bring favorite finds into the bathroom like a rustic chair, table, ladder, or a storage cabinet. Turn shelves or walls into a mini art gallery. Paper the inside of the medicine cabinet. It’s small touches like these that add charm and will make the space more cheerful and more you.
6. Rock the Vintage Tile. We’ve all seen those bathrooms tiled in colorful ceramics from way back in the day. Instead of fighting it, go with it and have fun while you’re doing so by either playing off the retro vibe or adding modern touches.
7. Refinish the Tub and/or Tile. To save money in a bathroom remodel last year, we used an epoxy kit to rescue the dingy tub. Since it’s a permanent solution, make sure you get permission from your landlord but is an affordable way to cover tile that’s in desperate need of a facelift!
8. Cover with Temporary Wallpapers. Get the look of the permanent versions by spending a few bucks on temporary removable wallpapers to add that dash of panache to your plain bathroom walls.
9. Hang Window Shades or Privacy Film. Window treatments offer privacy and also the opportunity to bring fabric or texture into a bathroom space. Modern privacy films are another way to add subtle pattern and protect you from neighbor’s eyes while you primp.
10. Splurge on Good Towels. It’s a little bit easier to forget about all the ways you’d change the bathroom when you’re wrapped in a cushy towel so treat yourself to some nice ones!
Let’s hear again from renters, former and current, how have you creatively solved your design dilemmas with rental bathrooms?